Effective May 25, 2018
Who we are
Inside Moves, LLC provides services, products, and trainings focused on the Feldenkrais Method®
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy periodically. Please re-check this page to ensure that you agree with any changes.
How this policy applies
Through the Site, Inside Moves offers you Services including signing-up for newsletters, applying to trainings, buying products, and registering for classes, events, and trainings. In addition, if you are a student of the Feldenkrais Training Academy, you can use the Site to communicate with fellow students, submit homework, build a portfolio, and perform other tasks that are part of the training.
Consent can be withdrawn at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we collect
Data you provide
We collect and store the information you provide to us through the Site. This can include information that can be used to identify you (e.g., your name, business name, address details, email, telephone numbers, login, username, and password). You provide this information to us when you:
- Contact us through a form on the Site;
- Sign-up for our newsletter;
- Send us email messages or otherwise contact us;
- Comment on a blog post;
- Apply to participate in one of our courses, online talks, workshops, or other trainings;
- Participate in our courses, online talks, workshops, or other trainings;
- Register for an account;
- Update or change information or your account;
- Pay for our services, trainings, and products.
If you apply to one of our trainings, we may also collect and store information required to determine whether to accept your application. This may include information that can be used to identify you as well as your headshot, date of birth, videos, letters of recommendations, résumés, and your answers to specific questions on the application. Additionally, if you apply for financial aid in connection with these services, you may be required to provide information regarding your income.
If you participate in a course or training, then we may also collect and store student-generated content. This may include information that can be used to identify you as well as homework assignments, content you submit to forums, and/or submissions to your portfolio. The student-generated content may be in the form of written work, pictures, audio recordings, photographs, and/or videos. We may also collect course data, such as attendance records and student responses to quizzes, exams, and surveys.
If you participate in a course, online talk, or training, then we may record your image, voice, and any content you submit in the chat field.
If you leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included (since visitors to the website are able to download and extract location data from images on the website).
We collect information about your activity on our online interfaces, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site.
We may track the way that you interact with our emails (such as when you open an email or click on a link inside an email).
How we use this Information
We use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our Services;
- To enable us to improve our Services;
- To enable us to promote our Services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your account; and
- To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how the Site is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
We use information relating to your use of the Site to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use this information to ensure the security of our services and the Site.
Who we share your data with
- Any information you supply when commenting on publicly visible blog posts, possibly including personal identifiable information as well as your Profile Picture (Gravatar).
- Information covered by our Photo, Video, and Audio Release. By participating in any recorded event, you consent to the terms of our Photo, Video, and Audio Release (below).
- As a participant in online talks, online courses, and training, information will be shared with other participating students including (but not limited to) your name, email, image, and student-generated content.
- We may share your student-generated content, without your personal identifying information, with students that are participating in other of our trainings.
Trusted third-party services
- Feldenkrais Guild® of North America: We may share your information with the Feldenkrais Guild of North America as required by us to maintain certification and support their evaluation of our training.
- Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board: We may share your information with the WTECB as required by us to maintain certification as a vocational school in Washington State.
- Inside Moves Contractors: We use various service providers, vendors and contractors (collectively, "Contractors") to assist us in providing our products and services to you. We may share your personal information with these contractors if it is necessary for them to do their job.
- Acquirers: We may disclose and/or transfer your personal Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of Inside Moves, LLC to which your personal information relates.
Others when required to protect Inside Moves and comply with the law
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Inside Moves’ legal rights, property, or the safety of Inside Moves, its employees, users, or others.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What they are
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies allow a range of functions, such as analyzing web traffic through tools such as Google Analytics, letting you know when you have visited a particular page or site before, or as an example, can prevent this popup appearing every time you visit a page on this site for a given period of time.
- Cookies remember your likes, dislikes, and other preferences, so your visit can be tailored to provide you with a better website experience.
- A Cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than data you choose to share with us.
Why we use them
- To improve your experience in using our Site.
What can I do to control how Cookies are used?
- You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can decline Cookies by modifying your website browser settings, this will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website’s functionality.
PHOTO, VIDEO & AUDIO RELEASE
By participating in online events, talks, courses, you consent to the use by Inside Moves, LLC of your image, voice, or both, in any video, photograph, or audio recording taken during its programs, regardless of whether these materials are used for advertising, publicity, or any other purpose on behalf of Inside Moves, LLC.
These images may be used for a variety of purposes related to the Feldenkrais Method® and Jeff Haller’s work, and may appear on the Inside Moves, LLC, IOPS Academy, and/or Feldenkrais Training Academy websites, Facebook page, video recordings, presentations, promotional materials or any other media now known or to be invented. You agree that the images may be combined with other images, text and graphics, and cropped, altered or modified.
You agree that all such photographs, video, and audio recordings and any reproductions thereof, and all digital files, shall remain the property of Inside Moves, LLC unless otherwise noted.
You understand that Inside Moves, LLC is not responsible for unauthorized duplication or use of the images, videos, or audio recordings by third parties, on the Internet or otherwise.
You waive all claims to compensation or damages based on the use of my image or voice, or both, by Inside Moves, LLC. I also waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photograph, video, or audio recording.
You understand that this consent is perpetual, that you may not revoke it.